- Lowe's offers $6.5M settlement over use of independent contractors
Lowe’s Home Centers L.L.C. has offered to pay a $6.
- Missouri oil worker injured by dropped pipe can sue drilling-rig colleague
A Missouri worker who was involved in an oil rig accident can file a negligence claim against his colleague outside of workers compensation exclusive remedy provisions, the Missouri Court of Appeals has ruled.
- Patriot Underwriters, Scottsdale Insurance partner on workers comp program
Patriot Underwriters Inc. on Thursday said it has partnered with the Scottsdale Insurance Co. to serve as a workers compensation program administrator with defined underwriting and claims responsibility.
- Michigan could extend comp benefits for ex-workers from bankrupt Delphi
Michigan lawmakers are considering a bill package that would provide $42.4 million in workers compensation benefits to “several hundred former employees” of failed automotive parts manufacturer Delphi Corp.
- Gas station manager hurt during robbery due workers comp benefits: Court
A gas station manager who eventually died from injuries he suffered while trying to stop a robber was acting within the course and scope of his employment and should have received workers compensation benefits prior to his death, the Commonwealth Court…