- All Risks offers specialty workers comp class for home healthcare risks
All Risks Ltd.’s workers compensation specialty division has announced a specialty class workers compensation for home healthcare risks.
- Pleading the Fifth on immigration status no bar to workers comp benefits in Pa.
A Pennsylvania employer should not have stopped payment of workers compensation benefits to an employee who declined to testify about his immigration status during a hearing, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has ruled.
- Most employers don't measure cost of worker absences: Survey
The majority of employers don’t measure the impact of absence on their bottom line, despite the fact that it costs about 8% of payroll on average, according to an Aon Hewitt survey released Wednesday.
- Florida packing plant's workers accused of workers comp fraud
The vast majority of workers at a Naples, Florida, produce packing plant are accused in a scheme to commit workers compensation fraud, the Florida Department of Financial Services said Tuesday.
- Rules changes give Texas workers comp commissioner greater authority
The Texas Division of Workers Compensation has adopted rules that will give its commissioner increased authority next month over cases heard by the state Office of Administrative Hearings, which handles disputes over workers comp medical care and…
- Travelers ordered to pay over $500M in asbestos case
(Reuters) — A federal appeals court on Tuesday said Travelers Cos. should pay more than $500 million to satisfy asbestos-related claims stemming from its coverage of policyholder Johns-Manville Corp.