- Calif. law makes companies share wage, comp liability with labor contractors
California Gov. Jerry Brown has signed into law a bill that imposes liability on companies when labor contractors fail to pay wages or provide workers compensation premium.
- National Council proposes workers comp rate hike for Hawaii in 2015
The National Council on Compensation Insurance Inc. has proposed a 3.2% rate increase in Hawaii workers compensation advisory rates for 2015.
- Sedgwick acquires specialized claims services provider T&H
Third-party administrator Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc. said on Wednesday that it has finalized its previously-announced acquisition of T&H Global Holdings L.L.C. and its subsidiaries.
- Cyber breaches inevitable; business leaders advised to be prepared
CHICAGO — When it comes to data breaches, it’s not a matter of “if,” but “when,” speakers said during the National Risk Retention Association’s conference in Chicago.
- Oklahoma comp commission seeks more funding for current, next fiscal years
The Oklahoma Workers’ Compensation Commission has approved requests for additional funding in the current fiscal year and a budget of nearly $7 million for fiscal year 2016, the commission confirmed Tuesday.