- Private equity firm acquires York Risk Services for $1.325B
Toronto-based private equity firm Onex Corp. has closed on a deal to acquire third-party administrator York Risk Services Group Inc. for $1.325 billion, York said in a statement.
- Workers comp reform hasn't helped Illinois' construction industry
It’s been three years since sweeping reforms to Illinois workers compensation laws reduced the costs for treating injured employees. But those in the construction industry say they have yet to see meaningful reductions in premium costs.
- Trend of cutting benefits for part-time workers may add to workers comp costs
With employers such as Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Business Insurance online event addresses workers compensation concerns
Experts provided strategies to control workers compensation costs related to managing opioids and the aging workforce during Business Insurance’s fifth annual Workers Comp & Safety Virtual Conference.
- Workers compensation ruling highlights exposure to commuter risks
Workers in all states who are injured while commuting to or from their jobs typically are not entitled to workers compensation under the “going and coming” rule, but employers would be wise to defend themselves against exceptions.