- OFF BEAT: Ex-'Bridezilla' faces felony insurance fraud charges
After a two-episode arc on the reality TV show “Bridezillas,” a California woman apparently turned to insurance fraud.
- Employer not liable for cancer treatment required before work injury surgery
Sears Hometown and Outlet Stores Inc. and Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc.
- California comp premiums up 18% in 2013; continue to climb in 2014
Premiums for California workers compensation insurers rose 18% year-over-year to $14.8 billion in 2013 and are on track to increase again in 2014, according to the California Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau.
- Gilead sued over 'exorbitant' hepatitis C drug prices
(Reuters) — Philadelphia’s transportation authority has filed a class action lawsuit accusing Gilead Sciences Inc. of charging “exorbitant” prices for its blockbuster hepatitis C drug Sovaldi.
- Widow of Ohio construction worker due 23 years' worth of comp benefits: Court
The widow of an Ohio worker who died hours after his workplace injury should receive more than 23 years’ worth of workers compensation benefits for the loss of his limbs, sight and hearing in the period before his death, an Ohio appellate court has ruled.