- Tennessee comp insurer of last resort to get new administrator
The National Council on Compensation Insurance Inc. will serve as the plan administrator for Tennessee’s residual workers compensation market as of July 1, according to the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance.
- Arkansas workers comp rates to decrease
Arkansas employers will soon see workers compensation rate decreases in the voluntary and assigned-risk markets, the Arkansas Insurance Department said.
- Designer jeans subcontracting firms dressed in multimillion comp scheme accusation
The CEOs of two subcontracting firms have been arrested after being accused of an $11 million workers compensation fraud scheme, the California Department of Insurance said Thursday.
- Revised settlement offer filed in NCAA concussion lawsuit
Lawyers representing the NCAA and a group of former football players who are suing the association for head injuries in U.S. District Court in Chicago have presented a new settlement offer to a federal judge.
- Patient transport helps build bridge back to work
Providing injured workers with nonemergency transportation services can improve outcomes and return-to-work times.