- Lumber Liquidators sues insurers balking at Chinese flooring claims
Flooring retailer Lumber Liquidators Inc.
- Self-driving cars avoiding the body shop
If the notion of driverless cars gives you pause, it turns out you may be worrying about the wrong vehicles.
- Massachusetts lawyer pleads guilty to trading on fellow golfer's tips
(Reuters) — A Massachusetts lawyer has admitted to trading on inside information about American Superconductor Corp. that a fellow golfer was told in confidence by an executive, his attorney said Wednesday.
- Georgia governor signs bill cutting captive tax rate
Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has signed into law legislation that will slash premium taxes paid by captive insurers licensed in the state.
- AIG promotes deputy investment officer to chief strategy officer
American International Group Inc. on Wednesday said its deputy chief investment officer, Brian T. Schreiber, has been named to the newly created role of executive vice president and chief strategy officer.
- Seattle hospital joins 'superbug' lawsuit against scope manufacturer
(Reuters) — A Seattle hospital has joined a lawsuit against the manufacturer of endoscopy medical scopes linked to a “superbug” outbreak at the medical center, claiming the company, Olympus America Inc.
- Hiscox boosts reserves, reports higher premiums
Political unrest is leading to reserve increases while the ongoing benign claims environment continues to put pressure on reinsurance rates, says Hamilton, Bermuda-based Hiscox Ltd. in its first-quarter interim report.
- Black steelworkers certified for promotions bias class action
Black workers at a South Carolina steel plant are entitled to class certification on their job promotion claims, says a U.S. appeals court in overturning a federal court ruling on the issue for the second time.
- Reform bill would ease 'systemically important' rules for insurers
A discussion draft of proposed regulatory reform legislation would require the Financial Stability Oversight Council to be more transparent as it determines whether a non-bank financial institution such as an insurer presents a systemic risk to the…