- Insurance costs to increase following failed Mexican satellite launch: Experts
Experts have said that the recent failed launch of Mexico’s Centenario satellite would increase insurance costs, reported Agencia EFE.
- AXA to acquire Brazilian insurer SulAmerica's subsidiary for $44.4 million
French insurer AXA S.A. has entered into an agreement to purchase Brazilian insurer SulAmerica S.A.’s industrial and commercial risk subsidiary SulAmerica Companhia de Seguros Gerais, BNamericas reported.
- Mazda, Mitsubishi and Subaru recall over 715,000 vehicles
Japanese automakers Mazda Motor Corp., Mitsubishi Motors Corp. and Subaru, unit of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., are recalling more than 715,000 vehicles over faulty airbag inflators, Paultan.org reports.
- Insurer IAG sees huge growth potential in Asia
Insurance Australia Group Ltd. is building its presence in Asia, Asia Insurance Review reports.
- Marine takaful sector likely to expand further: Islamic Financial Services Board
Malaysia-based Islamic Financial Services Board has said in a report that the marine takaful sector is likely to expand further, in line with growing exports of liquefied natural gas, Asia Insurance Review reports.
- GCC ministers look to harmonize insurance regulations
Commerce ministers of the Gulf Cooperation Council have agreed to form a committee to harmonize insurance legislation and rules across its six member states, Asia Insurance Review reported Emirates News Agency.
- SMEs not adequately insured: Watchdog
A review by the U.K. Financial Conduct Authority has found that small and medium-sized enterprises are often not adequately insured in the country, reports Reuters.
- Austral Re's net income climbs 36%
Brazilian reinsurer Austral Resseguradora S.A. posted a net income of 18.8 million Brazilian reals ($6 million) in 2014, Segs.com.br reports.
- Moderate hurricane season predicted, but storm risks remain
Hurricane forecasters predict a strong El Niño weather pattern this year will likely lead to another quiet Atlantic hurricane season, but there’s a caveat: similar conditions prevailed in 1992, which was the last time a Category 5 storm struck the United…