- Deloitte settles auditor independence dispute for more than $1 million
Consulting firm Deloitte & Touche L.L.P. on Wednesday agreed to pay more than $1 million to settle U.S.
- Marsh & McLennan Agency acquires St. Louis broker
Marsh & McLennan Agency L.L.C., a White Plains, New York-based subsidiary of Marsh L.L.C., on Wednesday said it has acquired St. Louis-based independent insurance broker J.W. Terrill Inc.
- Accidental shooting at hunt club not covered by insurance
Scottsdale Insurance Co. is not obligated to indemnify a hunt club member who accidentally shot someone under terms of the club’s commercial general liability policy, an appeals court ruled.
- Reinsurance pricing stabilizes at June, July renewals
Reinsurance pricing showed signs of stabilizing during June 1 and July 1 renewals on more balanced supply and demand, Willis Group Holdings P.L.C. said Wednesday in a new report.
- Mercer shuffles North American, multinational leadership
Mercer L.L.C., the consulting unit of Marsh & McLennan Cos. Inc. has appointed Simon O’Regan president of Mercer’s North America region.
- Medical professional liability insurer acquires health care consultant
Coverys’ has invested in Archway Health Advisors and now holds an ownership position in the company, the Boston-based medical professional liability insurer said Wednesday.
- Analysts laud Ace, Chubb merger; will other insurers reassess?
Ace Ltd.’s proposed $28.3 billion acquisition of Chubb Corp. is good news for both companies, analysts say.
- Towers Watson stock price fluctuates after Willis deal
The stock price of Towers Watson & Co. rebounded a little Wednesday after dipping in the wake of the company’s announced merger with Willis Group Holdings P.L.C., a sign that investors could be embracing the logic of the deal, according to analysts.
- Workers comp managed care services provider acquires case management firm
Genex Services L.L.C. has acquired Integrated Care Management, a workers compensation and disability case management firm, the Wayne, Pennsylvania-based provider of managed care services said Tuesday.