- Dismissal of EEOC wellness lawsuit requested
Flambeau Inc. has asked a federal judge to dismiss the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s lawsuit over the company’s use of health risk assessments and biometric screenings in its wellness program.
- UCLA Health hack affects up to 4.5 million people
Data from as many as 4.5 million individuals may have been breached in a cyber attack on UCLA Health, the medical organization said.
- SEC pays out third-highest whistleblower award of $3 million
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has awarded more than $3 million to a whistleblower, the third-highest award to date under its 4-year-old whistleblower program.
- Connecticut law requires prescription opioid checks
Connecticut is the latest state to require that health care providers obtain information about patients from the state’s prescription drug monitoring program before prescribing controlled substances.
- Exor ups PartnerRe ante again in merger tug of war
Exor S.p.A., the Italian investment firm, has again raised its offer for reinsurer PartnerRe Ltd. in an attempt to prevail over Axis Capital Holdings Ltd. in the companies’ three-way takeover battle.
- Insurer mergers and acquisitions expected to continue
Merger and takeover activity is likely to continue in the property/casualty insurance market, according to a report released Monday by A.M. Best Co. Inc.
- Insurance broker acquired by private-equity backer
AssuredPartners Inc. will be acquired from GTCR L.L.C. by funds advised by Apax Partners L.L.P., the companies said Monday.
- Repeal of health reform law through reconciliation looms for GOP
Congressional Republicans face a loose deadline next Friday to enact a procedure that would set up repeal of the Affordable Care Act, but the process is more likely to play out as political theater than as a threat to the health care law.
- Arthur J. Gallagher acquires 65% interest in Colombian broker
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. on Monday said it has acquired a 65% equity interest in ARM Re Ltda. Corredores de Reaseguros, located in Bogota, Colombia.