- Ace liable for Abercrombie defense in gift card litigation
An Ace Ltd. unit is obligated to defend retailer Abercrombie & Fitch Co. in connection with three pending class action lawsuits stemming from a promotion, an appeals court ruled.
- Insurers ordered to pay interest in California waste site dispute
A California Superior Court judge has awarded the state of California $13.9 million in prejudgment interest in connection with the longstanding coverage dispute over a Southern California hazardous waste site.
- Week in pictures
Arsenic and old lead, Indian Ocean piracy and the courtship of health insurers highlight the week in pictures for Business Insurance. View the gallery
- Currency-rigging lawsuit settlements rise past $2 billion
(Reuters) — Investors have recovered more than $2 billion in settlements with nine banks over claims of price-rigging in the foreign exchange market, and are continuing to pursue claims against seven other banks, a lawyer for the plaintiffs said…
- Health care system targets employers in Alabama, Indiana and Florida
MissionPoint Health Partners, an Ascension subsidiary that develops health plan networks and accountable care organizations, is going after employers’ business in Alabama, Indiana and Florida.
- San Francisco boosts employer health care spending mandate for 2016
Employers with workers in San Francisco will have to pay more next year to comply with the city’s health care spending law.
- Illinois high court to hear Chicago pension appeal
The Illinois Supreme Court said Thursday it will hear the city of Chicago’s appeal of last month’s pension ruling on an accelerated timeline.
- Weakest multiemployer pension plans continue to deteriorate
Financially stable multiemployer pension funds became more stable between 2009 and 2013, while financially distressed plans got slightly worse, said new research released Thursday by the Society of Actuaries.
- Allianz, Zurich receive damages claims from firms affected by Tianjin blasts
(Reuters) — The Chinese units of European insurers Allianz S.E. and Zurich Insurance Group Ltd.