- Gimme a C! … for copyright
No matter how you toss and tumble the idea of precisely what constitutes a cheerleader uniform, a federal appeals court has decided that it most certainly can be copyrighted.
- Transfer of coverage allowed after corporate restructuring
Transferring insurance coverage in a merger or acquisition does not require insurer consent, the California Supreme Court has ruled.
- Zurich, RSA investors face struggle to bridge valuation gap
(Reuters) — Shareholders in British insurer RSA Insurance Group P.L.C. are bracing for a lowball bid from prospective suitor Zurich Insurance Group Ltd., putting one of Europe’s largest-ever insurance deals in doubt.
- Week in pictures
Aetna’s persistence, drone challenges, continued Asian flooding, Hurricane Danny and more fill the week in pictures for Business Insurance.View the gallery
- Insurance Australia Group seeks bigger China presence
(Reuters) — Insurance Australia Group on Friday said it was exploring opportunities for a bigger presence in China and would scale back its investment in regional Chinese insurer.
- This week's Top 10 features on BusinessInsurance.com
Find out which of this week’s features on BusinessInsurance.com were the most popular.
- Reinsurer reserve releases expected to drop off
Reserve releases by reinsurers looking to prop up financial results will likely slow in the future, according to a report released Thursday by Standard & Poor’s Corp.
- Danny upgraded to season's first hurricane
Tropical Storm Danny has grown into the first Atlantic hurricane of the year, according to the National Hurricane Center.
- Lloyd's anticipates challenges of drone coverage
Risks developing from the growing drone industry are the focus of a report released Thursday by Lloyd’s of London.