- European insurers, reinsurers likely to weather stock market storm
European insurers and reinsurers are well-positioned to ride out recent stock market volatility, ratings agency A.M. Best Co. Inc. said in a research note Wednesday.
- Health care premiums rise, more increases coming
Group health care premiums continue to outpace inflation, and while most employers are feeling the pressure of rising health care costs, benefits experts say smaller employers may face a heavier burden.
- Cat bond to cover Turkish earthquake risks
GC Securities, a division of MMC Securities Corp., has completed placement of a $100 million catastrophe bond benefitting the Turkish Catastrophe Insurance Pool, GC Securities said in a statement Wednesday.
- Broker launches Texas operation, expands services
Insurance broker Palmer & Cay has opened an office in Dallas to offer property/casualty and benefits brokerage services, the brokerage said in a statement Wednesday.
- Ten automakers sued over keyless ignitions
(Reuters) — Ten of the world’s biggest automakers were sued on Wednesday by consumers who claim they concealed the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in more than 5 million vehicles equipped with keyless ignitions, leading to 13 deaths.
- Workers comp market claws its way back to stability
ORLANDO, Fla. — The U.S. workers compensation market is stable as premiums continue to grow, but rising average claims cost and continued weakness in manufacturing and construction hiring could cause problems for the sector, experts say.
- Falling for art … the hard way
We’ve all done it — accidentally broken something precious belonging to someone else.
- Rival pays Arthur J. Gallagher to settle exec poaching suit
Arthur J. Gallagher, the London-based international arm of brokerage Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., said Wednesday it had reached a settlement with David Ross, the former CEO of its international operations, and two other executives.
- Reinsurance rates likely "approaching new equilibrium": Fitch
Fitch Ratings Ltd. has said that pricing in the reinsurance market “could be approaching a new equilibrium,” reported Artemis.bm.