- ‘Wind-Jeannie’ website to help insurers battle storm loss
The Zurich-based provider of industry-wide catastrophe insurance data, Perils A.G.
- Emerging risks, mitigation focus of Guy Carpenter report
A new report identifies cyber, technology, longevity and casualty catastrophe as four main emerging risks and discusses how insurers can use modeling and analytics to manage them.
- Inland flood model includes flash flood damage probabilities
Irvine, California-based residential property information, analytics and data-enabled services provider CoreLogic Inc. said Monday that it has expanded its natural catastrophe risk management solution.
- Grocery chain faces fines in series of worker injuries
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has proposed $188,200 in fines against supermarket chain Wegmans Food Markets Inc.
- Heineken pension plan enters into longevity swap with insurer
Heineken completed a £2.4 billion ($3.7 billion) longevity swap transaction with Friends Life Group Ltd., part of Aviva P.L.C., to protect against the risk of retirees in its pension fund living longer than expected.
- John Lloyd stepping down as JLT Specialty CEO
Industry veteran John Lloyd will step down as CEO of JLT Specialty Ltd., a unit of Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group P.L.C., at the end of the year as part of a planned succession, JLT announced Monday.
- Closed-drug formulary bill heads to California governor
A bill mandating a closed drug formulary for California’s workers comp system is heading to Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk.
- Swiss insurer consolidates its global reinsurance business
Canopius Group A.G. is forming an integrated global business unit to manage the assumed reinsurance business previously written separately by Canopius and Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc., Zurich-based Canopius announced Sunday.
- London broker taps ex-Gallagher exec to lead international business
BMS Group Ltd. said Monday former Arthur J. Gallagher International executive David Battman has joined the London-based broker as head of international.