- Calling top risk managers
We’re looking for the best and brightest risk managers. If you know someone who deserves recognition as an outstanding risk management practitioner, you can nominate him or her for the 2016 Business Insurance Risk Manager of the Year® Award.
- Cyber security, regulation top insurer concerns
Insurers will confront competing priorities of cyber risk and regulatory challenges for time and resources, according to a survey released Monday by Minneapolis-based Wolters Kluwer Financial Services Inc.
- Credit card numbers hacked from thrift store chain
An Alabama-based thrift store chain has reported a credit card breach.
- China Re gets $1.12 billion in commitments as it launches Hong Kong IPO
(Reuters) — China Reinsurance (Group) received commitments worth $1.
- Cyber insurance premiums rocket after high-profile attacks
(Reuters) — A rash of hacking attacks on U.S. companies over the past two years has prompted insurers to massively increase cyber premiums for some companies, leaving firms that are perceived to be a high risk scrambling for cover.
- Aon Hewitt sees $15 billion shift from U.K. defined pensions this year
LONDON (Reuters) — Deals involving transferring the risk of British company defined benefit pension schemes to insurers are likely to total £10 billion ($15.
- New Lloyd's syndicate targets emerging markets
On the day the U.S. celebrates Christopher Columbus’ discovery of the new world in 1492, Probitas Syndicate 1492 started underwriting business that it said is new to Lloyd’s of London.
- Nicolas Aubert elevated to CEO of Willis Ltd.
Willis Group Holdings P.L.C. has appointed Nicolas Aubert as CEO of Willis Ltd., its principal U.K. insurance and reinsurance entity, the brokerage announced Monday.
- Operating in a new climate
QUEBEC CITY — Risk managers need to be on the front lines of preparing their organizations to deal with climate change, including keeping up on emerging environmental risks and case law.