- U.S. to seek airport security enhancements overseas after Egypt crash
(Reuters) — The United States will boost security checks overseas for U.S.
- Packaging firm settles EEOC disability discrimination charges for $1.7 million
A packaging firm will pay $1.7 million to conciliate a U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission disability discrimination charge, the agency said.
- Funding of multiemployer pension plans dips
Multiemployer pension plan funding levels declined slightly in the first six months of this year, hampered by poor investment returns, according to a report released Friday.
- Humana profit rises, but challenges remain
Humana Inc. on Friday recorded improved third-quarter profit reflecting gains in Medicare membership.
- Brokerage CEO steps down following acquisition
Jonathan Turnbull will step down as CEO of Lloyd’s of London broker RFIB Holdings Ltd. and will be replaced by Dennis Mahoney, a longtime London market executive, the brokerage announced Friday.
- Injured workers in Texas returning to work faster
The average number of days away from work among injured employees in Texas has decreased over time, according to a new report by the Texas Department of Insurance’s Workers’ Compensation Research and Evaluation Group.
- Willis defends Towers deal following criticism
Willis Group Holdings P.L.C. sought to emphasize the advantages of its proposed merger with Towers Watson & Co. in the face of a Thursday night split decision from proxy advisory firm Institutional Shareholder Services Inc.
- Soft market slows growth for independent insurance agents & brokers
Median organic growth and profitability both fell for independent insurance agents and brokers in the third-quarter of the year, marking the slowest growth rate since 2011.
- Lufthansa flights hit as crews strike over pensions
(Reuters) — German airline Lufthansa canceled hundreds of flights on Friday after cabin crew union UFO announced a walkout on flights from Frankfurt and Duesseldorf that could start the longest ever strike action at the carrier.