- Hawaiian worker injured 14 years ago to get new hearing on benefits
A construction supervisor who suffered a traumatic brain injury is entitled to undergo a “relatively new” treatment for his tinnitus and to collect temporary total disability benefits, the Hawaii Supreme Court has ruled.
- Mercer to acquire Brazilian consulting firm
Mercer announced Monday it is acquiring Brazilian actuarial consulting and auditing firm GAMA Consultores Associados.
- Large pension plan funding improves to 83.3% in October
With strong investment returns, the funded status of very large pension plans rose in October, according to a recent Milliman Inc. survey.
- Connecticut to cut workers comp rate for 2016
Connecticut Insurance Commissioner Katharine L. Wade has approved a 3.9% reduction in voluntary market workers comp advisory rates.
- Allianz launches North America transportation, logistics unit
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty has launched a transportation and logistics unit in North America.
- Crawford swings to loss in third quarter
Crawford & Co. notes that costs related to global expansion and the acquisition of GAB Robins Holdings resulted in a net loss.
- London Market Group names interim CEO
Benedict Reid has been named CEO of the London Market Group.
- Hiscox nine-month premiums rise 12.9%
Hiscox Ltd. posted gross written premiums of nearly £1.54 billion ($2.31 billion) for the first nine months of 2015.
- Zurich to cut 440 U.K. jobs in continued restructuring
Zurich Insurance Group Ltd. on Monday announced it would cut about 440 jobs in its U.K. general insurance division as part of a plan to reduce costs and simplify the unit’s operating structure.