- Commercial auto insurer premiums up, but competition may erode gains
The commercial auto insurance industry reported improved underwriting results for 2014, but increased competition may lead to deteriorating results, according to a report released Wednesday by A.M. Best Co. Inc.
- Positive 2016 results predicted for commercial insurers
The U.S. commercial insurance industry will continue to see positive gains in 2016, according to a report published by Wells Fargo Insurance Services USA Inc.
- Insurer forms inland marine division for construction, transportation sectors
Specialty insurer Kinsale Insurance Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Kinsale Capital Group Inc., has formed an inland marine division.
- Directors and officers insurance rates generally falling: Analysis
Rates for directors and officers liability insurance decreased for the third quarter as well as the first nine months of 2015, Aon Risk Solutions said Wednesday.
- Audit firm settles SEC charges over ignoring signs of fraud
(Reuters) — The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday said that audit firm Grant Thornton L.L.P. and two of its partners agreed to settle charges that they ignored red flags and fraud risks at two publicly traded companies.
- Target in $39.4 million settlement with banks over data breach
(Reuters) — Target Corp. has agreed to pay $39.4 million to resolve claims by banks that said they lost money because of the retailer’s late 2013 data breach.
- Allianz launches North America motorsports unit
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty S.E., Allianz S.E.
- Ace announces international leadership appointments
Ace Ltd. has appointed the leadership team for the company’s overseas general insurance division, which will be effective upon completion of the acquisition of Chubb Corp.
- Exxon case revives debate over corporate climate disclosures
(Reuters) — Public corporations are supposed to warn investors about the risk to their businesses from climate change, but the tone and wording of those disclosures vary widely among big U.S.