- Liberty Mutual unit to write property insurance in Spain
A division of Liberty Mutual Holding Co. Inc. has started to write property insurance business from Madrid.
- Gallagher joins with Chinese broker to launch reinsurer
The international division of Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. said it has officially launched Jiang Tai Re with partner Jiang Tai Insurance Brokers Co. Ltd.
- Caterpillar hit with $73.6 million trade secrets verdict
(Reuters) — Caterpillar Inc. was ordered to pay $73.6 million in damages in a lawsuit by a former supplier that accused the equipment manufacturer of misappropriating its trade secrets.
- CEO named for Ironshore subsidiary
Ironshore Inc. has named Anthony J. DeSantis to the newly created position of CEO of Wright & Co., a wholly owned subsidiary in Ironshore’s U.S. holdings group, Hamilton, Bermuda-based Ironshore announced Monday.
- Fighting drone risks with drone dragnets
Risk managers worried about drones being used against their companies for industrial espionage or other nefarious purposes might consider the “it takes a thief to catch a thief” strategy being planned by the Tokyo police department.
- Risk manager pay survey reveals significant gender gap
Women in the risk management profession are paid significantly less than their male counterparts, a lingering problem that can be solved only by systemic change.
- Risk managers adjust to shifting landscape
Unfinished business dominated the first few days of 2015, while questions about the future shape of an iconic insurer closed out the year.
- 2015 marked by management shifts at biggest insurers
Management changes at the highest levels of some of the world’s largest insurers emerged as one of the biggest stories of the year.
- Women leaders recognized for diversity efforts
NEW YORK — In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Business Insurance’s Women to Watch awards, the magazine recognized three past honorees with Impact Awards for their exceptional contributions to diversity and inclusion in their…