- Cadillac tax delay may slow private exchange enrollment surge
But, with or without health care reform’s unpopular excise tax, enrollment in private health insurance exchanges is on the way up.
- Vote to override veto of health reform bill delayed by snowfall
Employers and others will have to wait until next week for the outcome of a House of Representatives vote to try to overturn President Barack Obama’s veto of legislation that would repeal key provisions of the health care reform law.
- Anthem's individual ACA plans hammer 4th-quarter profit
Health insurer Anthem Inc. reported much lower profit in the final quarter of 2015, mostly because it had to pay out a lot more in claims for its individual market members.
- Investment firm Fidelity offers health exchange for smaller employers
Fidelity Investments has stepped into the health benefits ring with the launch of its Fidelity Health Marketplace.
- Ontario moves ahead with its own, not federal, pension program
(Reuters) — Ontario, Canada’s most populous province, said on Tuesday it will push ahead with the launch of a new government pension plan rather than counting on an expansion of the country’s existing federal plan.
- Feds cut estimate for public health exchange enrollments
The Congressional Budget Office has sharply revised its projection of enrollment in the public health insurance exchanges this year.
- Biosimilar drugs get boost as U.K. cost agency backs their use
(Reuters) — Cheaper “biosimilar” copies of expensive biotech drugs received a boost in Britain on Tuesday when the country’s health cost-effectiveness agency said patients needing such medicines “should be started with the…
- Obama to push retirement plans in 2017 budget, officials say
When President Barack Obama unveils his fiscal year 2017 budget on Feb. 9, he will outline several strategies for stimulating workplace access to retirement savings.
- Supreme Court remands 2 ERISA cases to appeals courts
The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday remanded two ERISA cases to their respective appeals courts for reconsideration in light of recent high court decisions.