- California broker purchases commercial aviation agency
Alliant Insurance Services Inc. on Wednesday said it has acquired Seattle-based John F. Throne & Co.
- Illinois roofing contractor cited for fall hazards
An Illinois roofing contractor is facing $115,500 in proposed fines from federal regulators for exposing its workers to fall hazards.
- OSHA cites construction contractor as severe workplace safety violator
A Connecticut contractor has become the latest member of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s program for severe violators of federal workplace safety law.
- RenaissanceRe results hit by expenses from Platinum buy
RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd.’s net income in the fourth quarter of 2015 dropped as it completed its acquisition of fellow Bermuda insurer Platinum Underwriters Holdings Ltd. in the face of abundant capacity, the reinsurer reported.
- First of CVS Pharmacies within Target stores open in North Carolina
CVS Health Corp. and Target Corp. announced Wednesday that the first CVS Pharmacy locations in Target stores are now open in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Captives slowly making Latin American inroads
BOCA RATON, Fla.
- Employer cited for poor training, safety in worker's fireworks death
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration cited and proposed $42,000 in fines against a Texas employer for a fireworks explosion that killed a 21-year-old employee.
- Chicago insurance broker makes West Coast buy
Hub International Ltd. on Wednesday said it has acquired San Francisco-based Equity Risk Partners Inc.
- Energy losses contribute to reinsurer's lackluster earnings
Axis Capital Holdings Ltd. experienced income declines in 2015 amid unusual losses in its energy book and continued pricing competition, particularly in its reinsurance and international divisions.