- Insurer not required to provide convicted exec D&O coverage
Axis Surplus Insurance Co.
- Raytheon faces $1 billion whistleblower lawsuit
(Reuters) — A U.S. appeals court on Monday revived a $1 billion lawsuit accusing defense contractor Raytheon Co. of fraudulently overbilling.
- Supreme Court rejects Apple e-books price-fixing appeal
(Reuters) — The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear Apple Inc.’s challenge to an appellate court decision that it conspired with five publishers to increase e-book prices.
- Supreme Court rejects foreign tax credit bid by AIG, financial firms
(Reuters) — The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rejected bids by three companies to recoup hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign tax credits denied by the IRS.
- Former AIG exec Doyle lands at Marsh
The former CEO of AIG’s commercial property/casualty business has been named president of Marsh L.L.C.
- Ransomware attack on Apple's Macs reportedly limited
Just 6,500 pieces of malware downloaded in first successful hack of iOS operating system, targeted software provider says.
- Global brokerage acquires Alaskan insurance agency
Hub International Ltd., Chicago, has acquired the assets of independent insurance agency Gwaltney & Associates Inc.
- Insurers must pay $58 million in eight-month power plant unit shutdown
A New York State Supreme Court judge has ruled in favor of a Canadian energy company and against several insurers in a dispute over business interruption and property coverage.