- Newly combined claims management firm names CEO
Former Sears executive Douglas E. Klinger will take the helm as CEO of the newly combined company formed by a claims management firm merger.
- Insurer expands line of product liability coverage
General Star Management Co. said Wednesday it is offering three new specialized coverages for protection against product liability exposures.
- Michigan health care claims tax extended to 2020
Legislation signed Tuesday by Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder will extend and raise the state’s controversial health care claims tax.
- Seventeen workers comp cheats convicted in varied scams
Seventeen people were convicted last month of charges related to defrauding Ohio’s workers compensation system, the state’s Bureau of Workers’ Compensation said Tuesday.
- Industry sees a big year of mergers and acquisitions
The volume of M&A activity in the insurance industry more than quadrupled in 2015, to $194.9 billion from $43.8 billion in 2014.
- Employers catch a break on updated benefit summaries
The U.S. Department of Labor is giving employers more time to comply with upcoming regulatory changes to the annual summary of benefits and coverages they must distribute to employees.
- Mobile health program targets weight loss for kids, families
Mercer L.L.C. on Wednesday said it has partnered with Palo Alto, California-based Kurbo Health to provide employers a mobile health coaching and weight loss program for kids, teenagers and families.
- CDC issues new guidelines to limit chronic use of opioids
In them, the CDC recommends nonopioids, including acetaminophen and ibuprofen, as preferred therapy for chronic pain unless patients have active cancer or are receiving palliative or end-of-life care.