- Getting help with unexpected medical bills from Cigna
Cigna Corp. has launched new group hospital indemnity insurance called Cigna Hospital Care.
- Loading up on cyber risk could be a negative for insurers' ratings
Uncertainties surrounding insurers’ coverage of cyber risks now outweigh the benefits of their potential earnings growth from a ratings perspective, Fitch Ratings Inc. said in a report Monday.
- Money managers starting to buy cyber insurance
Money managers increasingly are buying cyber security insurance to supplement their technology security strategies to both combat data breaches and deal with repercussions if hackers do break in.
- Broker launches national construction specialty group
Edgewood Partners Insurance Center, which does business as EPIC, on Monday said it has formed EPIC National Construction Specialty Group.
- Gas utility can use captive insurer to fund life and disability risks
Laclede Gas Co. has received final authorization from the U.S. Department of Labor to use its South Carolina captive insurer to fund life insurance and long-term disability risks.
- Former Chubb exec lands at Australian insurer's North America unit
Carol A.N. Zacharias has joined QBE North America as senior vice president, underwriting counsel, the New York-based unit of Sydney-based QBE Insurance Group Ltd. announced Monday.
- Mercer hires pension buyout expert
Mercer L.L.C. has named Hartford, Connecticut-based Lynn Esenwine senior pension risk transfer consultant within its financial strategy group.
- Dillard's appeals invalidation of Oklahoma's workers compensation opt-out law
Dillard’s Inc. has appealed the Oklahoma Workers’ Compensation Commission’s ruling that the state’s law allowing certain employers to opt out of workers comp by providing alternative benefits for injured employees is unconstitutional.
- Anthem sues Express Scripts over prescription pricing
(Reuters) — Health insurer Anthem Inc. said it filed a lawsuit against pharmacy benefit manager Express Scripts Holding Co. to recover damages for pharmacy pricing that was higher than competitive benchmark pricing.