- Program protects car inventory from natural hazards
Managing general underwriter Victor O. Schinnerer & Co. Inc. said Monday that it has launched a new dealer open lot Insurance program.
- Lockton names chief operating officer for Pacific
Lockton Inc. announced Gary Petrosino as chief operating officer for the brokerage firm’s U.S. Pacific operations, a Monday company release said.
- Workers comp discount rate set at 4.14% by Texas insurance regulators
Any interest or discount provided in workers comp claims will be at the rate of 4.14%, the state’s Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation said.
- Employee can sue for police dog attack
A woman who decided to spend the night in her office, and whose lower lip was almost bitten through by a police dog, can pursue litigation.
- National insurance distributor acquires personal lines agency
Confie Seguros Holding II Co. said Monday that it has acquired Axiom Insurance Agency.
- Broadspire adds soft tissue injury testing service for workers comp cases
Broadspire Services Inc. said on Friday that it has partnered with Emerge Diagnostics to provide electrodiagnostic functional assessment services to help control workers compensation costs.
- Marsh & McLennan Agency acquires benefits consulting firm
Marsh & McLennan Agency L.L.C. said Monday that it has acquired Corporate Consulting Services Ltd.
- Cooper Gay completes sale of U.S. business
Cooper Gay Swett & Crawford Ltd. has sold CGSC North America Holdings Corp. to BB&T Corp. for $500 million.
- Millennials most likely to desire financial help from employers
Employees — particularly millennial workers — want financial help from their employers, a new study shows.