- Ironshore unit offers production contamination recall coverage
Ironshore Inc.’s Pembroke Managing Agency Ltd. said it will offer product contamination recall insurance.
- Lockton names new chief medical officer
Lockton Cos. L.L.C.’s benefits division has named Dr. Ronald S. Leopold as chief medical officer and leader of Lockton Health Risk Solutions.
- Berkley ups profit in solid quarter
W.R. Berkley Corp. reported a 1% increase in net income in a market in which it said insurance continues to be incrementally more competitive while reinsurance is gradually becoming less intensely competitive.
- Bakery settles suits alleging bias against non-Hispanics
A Texas bakery has agreed to pay more than $1 million to settle lawsuits charging it with favoring Hispanic job applicants.
- Active hurricane season likely
Property owners should brace for a potentially active Atlantic hurricane season this year.
- Crackdown planned on repeat workplace safety violators
The Canadian province of Nova Scotia plans to amend its Occupational Health and Safety Act to crack down on employers who repeatedly violate workplace safety laws.
- Coal mines face tougher disclosure rules for black lung claims
Coal companies will have to release more medical information to miners with black lung disease, under a rule that comes into force next month.
- PBGC plan would halve fines for late premium payments
Pension plan sponsors that are late in paying required annual Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. premiums would pay much smaller penalties under a plan the agency proposed Wednesday
- Beecher Carlson hires large-account executive
Beecher Carlson Insurance Services L.L.C. said Wednesday that it has named Megan Miller to be its New York-based managing director.