- Supreme Court rejects POM Wonderful appeal over ads
(Reuters) — Businesses better have good evidence to back up claims of health benefits from their products, the U.S.
- Professional liability coverage to focus on pain management specialists
Anesthesia Business Consultants L.L.C. said on Monday that it will offer professional liability coverage and related services.
- CNA profit hit by accounting charge
CNA Financial Corp. reported lower profit for the first quarter, but an improved combined ratio in its property/casualty operation.
- Buyout firms to snatch insurance software provider for $2.7 billion
(Reuters) — Buyout firms Bain Capital L.L.C and Vista Equity Partners Management L.L.C. said on Monday they agreed to acquire Vertafore Inc., in a deal that sources said values the U.S. insurance software provider at about $2.
- Insurers sue NFL for access to concussion-related documents
Insurers are seeking to obtain depositions of NFL league officials and third-party physicians to help them build defenses against the uncapped class action settlement for concussion injuries.
- Ruling allowing disability payments after return to work could boost rates
The Oklahoma Supreme Court ruling in April that deemed it unconstitutional for employers to suspend workers compensation benefits for employees who went back to work after experiencing a work injury could make workers comp rates increase.
- COLA clashes in spotlight as public plans, participants tussle
Through legislation and regulation, public pension plans are reforming their cost-of-living-adjustment rules, which often ignites legal clashes with employees and retirees.
- Supreme Court rejects challenge to state minimum wage law
The U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear a challenge to a Seattle law that will raise the city’s minimum wage to $15 an hour.
- Kroger, UPS sue over Central States reduction plan
A pending plan to cut benefits to members as part of a rescue plan for the Teamsters Central States, Southeast & Southwest Areas Pension Fund, Rosemont, Illinois, is facing challenges even before the U.S.