- Lockton to streamline Texas operations
Lockton Cos L.L.C. said on Wednesday that it would create two new business teams to align its Texas operations.
- Transgender bathroom access denial called a civil rights violation
Denying transgender individuals bathrooms that align with their gender identity is a violation of federal civil rights law, the EEOC says.
- Court sides with policyholders in complex litigation over asbestos claims
New York’s highest court ruled that an “all sums” method should be used to determine how much policyholders are owed.
- France's AXA selling off U.K. life and savings business
AXA S.A. has agreed to sell its Elevate investment platform investment business to Standard Life P.L.C. as part of its strategy of concentrating on property/casualtyand certain other lines of business, AXA announced Wednesday.
- Bermuda Insurance Institute to give Stephen Catlin lifetime achievement award
Stephen Catlin is on tap to receive the Bermuda Insurance Institute’s lifetime achievement award as one of the winners of the 2015 Insurance Industry Awards.
- Seven banks settle rate-rigging suit for $324 million
(Reuters) — Seven of the world’s biggest banks have agreed to pay $324 million to settle a private U.S. lawsuit accusing them of rigging an interest rate benchmark used in the $553 trillion derivatives market.
- Bangladesh Bank seeks to recover stolen money from NY Fed, SWIFT
(Reuters) — Bangladesh’s central bank chief will meet the head of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and a senior executive from global financial messaging service SWIFT next week to seek the recovery of about $81 million stolen by hackers,…
- Facebook pays $10,000 to 10-year-old Instagram hacker
Social media giant Facebook has paid a $10,000 reward to a 10-year-old Finnish boy for finding a glitch in its picture sharing app Instagram.
- IMA Financial acquires Texas broker
The IMA Financial Group Inc. said on Tuesday it has acquired Dallas-based broker Waldman Bros.