- Reward offered for information on Texas fertilizer plant explosion
A deadly explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant in 2013 was intentionally set and constitutes a criminal act, according to U.S. investigators who are offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the responsible party or parties.
- Canadian oilfield workers readying return after wildfire
(Reuters) — Workers for one of the largest oil sands companies affected by a massive wildfire in northern Canada will begin returning to the shuttered facilities on Thursday, a union official said on Wednesday, offering the latest indication that…
- And the 2016 Benefit Manager of the Year is …
Business Insurance announced Wednesday that Philia Swam, manager of health, wellness and group benefits at LafargeHolcim U.S., is the 2016 Benefit Manager of the Year®.
- Employer-based retiree health care coverage erodes further
For years, employers, increasingly unable to afford the coverage, have stopped providing health care plans to their retired workers.
- Medical malpractice insurers seeing weaker earnings
The medical professional liability sector is stable, but there is concern about weakening financial performance, continued soft market pricing, diminishing reserve redundancies, low interest rates and other challenges, says A.M. Best Co. Inc.
- First quarter sees 'unstoppable momentum' for agency mergers
Insurance agency merger and acquisition activity hit an all-time high in the first quarter of 2016, Chicago-based Optis Partners L.L.C. said Wednesday, racking up 109 reported transactions in the first three months of the year.
- The spear is mightier than the drone
There’s no place for a drone at a medieval reconstruction competition, unless it’s being forced out of the sky by a rogue spear.
- Insurer adds specialty property/casualty to Mexico operation
The Mexican Insurance Commission has granted formal approval to extend the license of Great American Insurance Group’s local company, El Águila Compañía de Seguros, S.A. de C.V., to establish a specialty property/casualty operation in Mexico.
- AIG CEO cites milestones, goals in speedy annual meeting
American International Group Inc. is committed to achieving the strategic goals announced in January in the next two years, according to the insurer’s top executive.