- Broker to focus on North America, Bermuda reinsurance growth
RFIB Group Ltd. has launched RFIB Americas, which will oversee the development of existing subsidiaries RFIB (Bermuda) and U.S. based Gracechurch Intermediaries L.L.C., offering specialist reinsurance products in the United States, Bermuda and Canada.
- Zurich North America names new chief underwriter
Geno Fernandez will assume the role of chief underwriting officer at Schaumburg, Illinois-based Zurich North America.
- Hacker pleads guilty in over international press release insider scheme
(Reuters) — A Ukrainian man has become the first computer hacker to plead guilty in what U.S. authorities called a worldwide scheme to hack into services that distribute corporate news releases, and use stolen information to conduct insider trading.
- It's back to the drawing board for multiemployer pension reform
The result of the first test of a new multiemployer pension reform law has left trustees of the Central States Teamsters pension fund reeling, other troubled multiemployer pension fund officials uncertain about their options, and some politicians feeling…
- N.Y. brokers must pay $1.9 million for insider trading
(Reuters) — Two former New York stockbrokers must pay $1.9 million for trading on confidential tips about an IBM Corp. acquisition, a federal judge ruled on Monday.
- Property/casualty insurers weather rough fourth quarter
The U.S. property/casualty insurance industry’s net income for the fourth quarter of 2015 fell 30.3% from the corresponding period a year earlier to $12.59 billion, according an analysis released Monday by Verisk Analytics Inc.’
- Key plaintiff objects to deal in Uber driver lawsuit
(Reuters) — A key plaintiff in a driver class action against Uber said he does not support a proposed settlement in which thousands of drivers would receive up to $100 million, but remain independent contractors instead of employees.
- Catastrophe modeler offers cloud-based support system
AIR Worldwide said Monday it released a hosted cloud solution for its catastrophe risk management platforms Touchstone and Catrader that enables companies to conduct all of their analyses remotely while minimizing expenses.
- Liberty Mutual adds cyber element to architects and engineers pro cover
A Liberty Mutual Holding Co. Inc. unit is introducing an architects and engineers policy that provides coverage for professional liability as well as cyber risks.