- Pelvic mesh maker claims women were lured into needless surgeries
(Reuters) — American Medical Systems, a major defendant in litigation over controversial vaginal mesh devices, is accusing “a pyramid of businessmen, doctors and lawyers” of luring women into unwarranted surgeries to remove the implants…
- Gallagher acquires specialty health care industry broker
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. has acquired McNeary Inc., a Charlotte, North Carolina-based insurance broker.
- In reinstating case, court finds sex harassment can be subtle
Verbal comments do not necessarily need to be blatant to be considered sexual harassment, says a federal appeals court in reinstating sexual harassment and retaliation claims filed by a female executive who had been fired from a bank.
- Federal Reserve to release insurer capital standards soon
The Federal Reserve plans to unveil its approach in formulating capital standards for insurers it oversees in “coming weeks.”
- State high court says comp attorney fee schedule unconstitutional
The Utah Supreme Court has invalidated the state’s attorney fee schedule just three weeks after Florida’s attorney fee provision was deemed unconstitutional by that state’s Supreme Court.
- Insurer names president and CEO for Europe
Arch Insurance Co. (Europe) Ltd. said Friday it named New York-based Matthew Shulman president and CEO, effective July 1.
- Skuld acquisition adds marine business covering 6,000 vessels
Assuranceforeningen Skuld said Friday it has signed a letter of intent to purchase SMA/Gerling Norway.
- Specialty insurer enhances cyber liability coverage
NAS Insurance Services L.L.C. has enhanced NetGuard Plus, its cyber liability product.
- Shaq looks back with insurer (celebrity) endorsement
Basketball great Shaquille O’Neal has a personal tie to the latest in his long line of product endorsements.