- Broker acquires professional liability agency
Risk Strategies Co. has acquired Dallas-based McLaughlin Brunson Insurance Agency L.L.P., Risk Strategies said in a Monday statement.
- California agency backs Aetna-Humana merger
The California Department of Managed Health Care on Monday gave the green light to Aetna Inc.’s planned $37 billion takeover of Humana Inc.
- Workers feel employers value productivity over safety
Despite most workers reporting that safety is a priority at work, about one-third believe their employers value productivity over safety, according to a new survey by the National Safety Council.
- Chubb makes senior executive appointments
Chubb Ltd. has named Singapore-based Liam Burrell division head of property/casualty for Chubb Singapore, Chubb said in a Monday statement.
- Cat modeler beefs up earthquake, typhoon models
AIR Worldwide said Monday that it had expanded and enhanced its earthquake and typhoon models for Southeast Asia.
- Supreme Court rules for R.J. Reynolds in racketeering case
(Reuters) — The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday limited the scope of federal racketeering law, handing R.J.
- Accenture looks to Israel to boost cyber security
(Reuters) — Seeking to shore up the cyber security services it provides to customers, Accenture P.L.C has acquired an Israeli company and is establishing a research and development center in the country.
- MassMutual settles 401(k) suit with employees for $31 million
Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Co.
- Swiss Re shuffles global exec ranks
Swiss Re Ltd. has appointed Steve Arora global head of casualty.