- Ergonomics professionals seek shift to risk-based data
The success of ergonomics programs is measured by lagging indicators such as incident rates, but ergonomics professionals would like to see an evolution toward the use of leading indicators, according to a study by Aon Risk Solutions.
- European insurance snapshot
The United Kingdom’s vote to leave the European Union is expected to reverberate through the insurance markets.
- Flood losses lower than expected
Flood damage in the United Kingdom in the three-week period from late December to early January caused a total of £538 million ($772.5 million) in insured property market loss.
- British E.U. exit opens global regulatory uncertainties
International insurance and reinsurance observers say the so-called Brexit vote presents challenges and opportunities for non-British underwriters.
- 5 things you need to know about 'Brexit'
Exit negotiations between British and E.U. officials, along with factors that could affect the London market, will need to be addressed.
- Co-op joins insurers suing U.S. over ACA reimbursements
Illinois health insurance cooperative Land of Lincoln Mutual Health Insurance Co. has become the latest in a string of health insurers to sue the United States over unpaid funds owed to them under the health care law.
- SupercalifragilBREXIT … !
The winds of change have hit the United Kingdom on its vote to leave the European Union.
- The BI Top 10
Concerns about Berkshire Hathaway comp policies and Disney’s struggles after an alligator attack are among the top 10 most read features.
- British vote to leave E.U. creates confusion for insurers
Some are concerned that Britain’s exit vote could make it difficult for U.K. insurers to write business throughout the European Union.