- Out-of-pocket inpatient hospitalization costs up 37% after ACA passage
Out-of-pocket spending on inpatient hospitalizations increased 37.3% in the years following passage of the health care reform law, a new study shows.
- Starr Cos. appoints head of financial lines
Starr Cos. has named Brian Inselberg senior vice president financial lines, the company said in a Monday statement.
- Railroad not at fault for not protecting worker from West Nile virus
A Texas railroad worker who claims he was bitten by a mosquito carrying West Nile virus while performing his job can’t hold the railroad liable for not protecting him, said a divided Texas Supreme Court.
- Many U.S. firms playing catch-up after Britain's surprise E.U. exit vote
Even U.S. companies with “Brexit” contingency plans have said they were shocked it is now on track to become reality.
- Pennsylvania Senate rejects pension reform bill
The Pennsylvania Senate on June 23 rejected a state House bill that would have created a hybrid retirement plan for new employees participating in the state employees and teachers defined benefit plans.
- XL Catlin launches global mergers and acquisitions insurance unit
XL Catlin on Monday said it has formed a global mergers and acquisitions insurance division.
- Captive insurer group's president to retire
Dennis Harwick, president of the Captive Insurance Companies Association, will retire from the organization at the end of June 2017, CICA announced.
- Another state approves Aetna acquisition of Humana
(Reuters) — Illinois has approved Aetna Inc.’s proposed $34 billion acquisition of Humana Inc. provided it is approved by the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Catastrophe modeler releases India earthquake model
AIR Earthquake’s model for India estimates losses to residential, commercial, and small industrial buildings and automobiles.