- Firm pays $165,400 to settle OSHA forklift hazard citations
The settlement agreement commits Central Transport L.L.C. to improving forklift safety at more than 100 terminals in 26 states.
- Firefighter cancer presumption bill passes
Ohio legislators passed a bill that would provide a workers compensation presumption for firefighters who develop cancer.
- Bill would allow medical marijuana use for pain treatment
A Texas state senator hopes the legislation can help curb opioid abuse in his state.
- Pilot program aims to help injured workers stop opioid use
The pilot program is designed for individuals with settled workers comp cases who are still being treated with opioids.
- San Bernardino County approves $100,000 to expedite comp claims
The county will pay for an outside firm to “help minimize delays and interruptions for victims” of the San Bernardino terrorist attack.