- Husband can’t sue for negligence in wife’s workplace murder: Court
The husband of a woman who was murdered while working at an apartment complex can’t sue the owner and manager of the complex for negligence because her death is classified as a workplace accident and workers compensation is the exclusive remedy.
- Medical marijuana research approved in Utah
Those who wish to study the efficacy of medical marijuana in Utah now have the green light after Gov. Gary Herbert signed off on a bill Saturday that would clear the way.
- Audit of California comp system requested
The chairman of the California Assembly Insurance Committee is requesting an audit to rein in possible fraud in the state’s workers’ compensation system, according to a recent letter to the state’s Joint Legislative Audit Committee.
- Iowa comp reform bill heads to governor
- Disability resulting from Legionnaires’ Disease is compensable
The case involves a Nestle USA worker who said he contracted the illness while working on fountain and soda drink machines.