- Colorado Senate passes bill expanding workers comp for PTSD
- Lawmaker critical of Jesse Jackson Jr.’s comp benefits
A lawmaker from Illinois wants to change the law that allows former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. to collect $100,000 per year in workers’ compensation benefits despite pleading guilty to illegal use of campaign funding, according to the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Injured exotic dancer was employee, not independent contractor
The South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission also must reconsider its award of $75 per week in workers comp disability benefits for the woman because it failed to show how it reached that figure.
- Drug formulary was top employer priority for New York budget
A WCRI study showed that a formulary could reduce New York’s workers comp drug costs by 29%.
- Building supply company fined for fatal forklift accident