- Sixteen charged in workers comp advertising scheme
- Appeals court upholds asbestos exposure case dismissals
Cases against Owen-Illinois claiming that asbestos exposure more than 30 years ago resulted in mesothelioma were dismissed by a federal appeals court.
- Specialty Program Group buys workers comp underwriting unit
- Willful OSHA citation against general contractor vacated
A judge vacated a willful violation OSHA citation issued against a general contractor after finding the employer could not be held liable as a “controlling employer.”
- Court urged to bar union intervention in OSHA suit
Employer groups urged a federal court to reject a motion by unions to intervene in the employers’ lawsuit against OSHA over the agency’s electronic record-keeping rule.
- Claims manager buys managed care software firm
Mitchell International has acquired UniMed Direct, a provider of proprietary enterprise managed care software and physician peer-review services to the workers compensation industry.
- Medical facility settles OSHA workplace violence citations
- Wrongful death lawsuit against NHL dismissed
A federal judge in Chicago on Monday dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit against the National Hockey League.