- JLT teams with tech firm for agriculture safety solutions
A U.S. subsidiary of insurance broker Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group P.L.C. has partnered with Altumai to develop solutions to reduce worker injuries in the food and agriculture industries, according to a statement released by the companies Monday.
- Louisiana governor signs opioid legislation that limits prescriptions
Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards signed into law legislation that limits the number of days a first-fill prescription for opioids can be prescribed in the state and strengthens rules the require doctors to access a drug monitoring database before prescribing.
- Who started it? The initial aggressor defense in workers comp cases
Workplace altercations that result in an injury can sometimes lead to complicated questions about whether the employee’s own actions preclude him or her from recovering workers compensation benefits.
- Proposed OSHA standards languish under Trump administration
Workplace safety and health standards that the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration had been urged to pursue are facing an uncertain fate amid the Trump administration’s deregulation push.
- Companies fail to follow through on safe driving checks: Report