- PTSD patients can purchase medical marijuana in Minnesota
In Minnesota, patients with post-traumatic stress disorder can purchase medical marijuana, beginning Aug. 1.
- Providers guilty of comp fraud face lien proceedings
The California Department of Industrial Relations’ Division of Workers’ Compensation has scheduled lien consolidation proceedings for three suspended providers who pleaded guilty to charges in a comp scheme.
- Proposed California workers comp formulary to exempt several drugs
More than 30% of the prescription drugs currently dispensed to injured workers in California will be classified as exempt and no longer require authorization prior to dispensing under the state’s proposed drug formulary.
- Drug-free workplace policies challenged by marijuana, opioids
Employers struggling to maintain a drug-free workplace are facing two major challenges: the rash of states legalizing marijuana, both recreationally and medically, and the opioid epidemic
- Decreases seen in long-term opioids for injured workers
The prevalence of long-term dispensing of opioids to injured workers has decreased in several states, sometimes by double-digit percentages, according to a new study.