- Restaurant owners convicted of comp fraud
An Ohio restaurant owner is required to reimburse the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation $9,406 after his former employer accused him of workers compensation fraud, the bureau said Friday in a statement.
- Illinois governor vetoes bill that would control comp premiums
Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner on Friday vetoed a bill that would have required insurance companies to gain state approval for workers compensation rates.
- Trench collapse results in $95,000 proposed fine for construction company
A South Dakota construction company is facing $95,064 in proposed penalties from federal workplace safety regulators after a trench collapse buried a 34-year-old worker.
- Manufacturer faces OSHA fines for worker injuries, other violations
- OSHA website de-emphasizes workplace fatalities