- Ohio Supreme Court rules law designed to reduce comp appeal delays constitutional
- Pharma advocacy group recommends limiting opioid scripts
In a move in line with a national trend, the country’s largest pharmaceutical advocacy group is recommending that doctors limit opioid prescriptions, per an announcement made Wednesday by the Washington, D.C.-based Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America.
- NCCI proposes reduction in Connecticut comp rates
The National Council on Compensation Insurance is proposing a 14.1% reduction of overall voluntary loss cost level in Connecticut, per an announcement made public Thursday.
- Bill to suspend California providers convicted of fraud signed
California Gov. Jerry Brown signed a bill into law on Tuesday that will require that medical providers who have been convicted of fraud are suspended.
- Zurich unit loses petition to appeal black lung benefits award
- Ohio local government comp rate decrease approved
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation said Thursday that Ohio public employers will pay an average of 6.1% less in workers compensation premiums, an $11.8 million decrease beginning Jan. 1.
- Paradigm Outcomes acquires surgical management specialist
Paradigm Outcomes, a provider of medical management services for injured workers, said Wednesday that it has entered an agreement to acquire ForeSight Medical.