- Calif. workers compensation rates up 10% in first half of 2013
California workers compensation insurers increased rates about 10% on average during the first six months of 2013 compared with the second six months of 2012, according to a projection released by the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau of…
- Number of ‘questionable’ workers compensation claims up 28%
The number of “questionable” workers compensation claims is increasing despite falling claim frequency, according to a report from the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
- RICO lawsuit against Sedgwick, Coca-Cola dismissed
A federal appeals court dismissed a lawsuit alleging Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc. and Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc. violated the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act in settling workers compensation claims.
- ProAssurance to acquire workers comp firm Eastern Insurance
Professional and products liability insurer ProAssurance Corp. announced Tuesday that it is expanding into the workers compensation insurance market by acquiring Lancaster, Pa.-based Eastern Insurance Holdings Inc.
- 104-week limit on workers comp TTD benefits constitutional: Court
A 104-week time limit on workers compensation temporary total disability benefits is not unconstitutional because claimants are eligible for permanent total disability payments once their TTD runs out, the Florida 1st District Court of Appeals said in a…